Wanderlust! Just because its September doesn’t mean that we should write off summer. September is a great month for travel, from European city breaks to lazing on beautiful beaches, the sun is still shining and you miss the crowds.
Blue has really inspired us for September, as we see the transition from summer into autumn with the nights drawing in. There are so many deep hues of blue that it really is a versatile colour for all season. For this reason we have used blue to inspire us for our September travel edit.
Check out our top styling picks for your September destination or even get inspired to book a last minute trip! It’s always important to get away and re-charge your batteries, especially before the season really shifts.
There is nothing like a last burst of sunshine to make the summer last longer!
1. Le Specs – HEY YEAH in Leopard print £65
2. Ashiana Accessories – RACHEL EARRINGS £27
3. Ashiana Accessories – GEM STAR NECKLACE in navy £16.50
4. Ashiana Accessories – GISELLE POM POM BAG in navy £95
5. Aspiga – CHAHANA SANDALS in blue beads £78
6. You me and the dream – THE URCHIN £75
7. Ashiana Accessories – TASSEL KEYCHAIN in navy £15
8. Ashiana Accessories – MIXED BRACELET STACK prices from £22.50 - £78
9. Ashiana Accessories – STARBURST POM POM SLIPPERS – coming soon online
10. Ashiana Accessories – STARBURST CLUTCH – coming soon online
11. Ashiana Accessories – STARBURST POM POM MINI CLUTCH – coming soon online
12. Vix Swimwear –RAZI BACK BIKINI & KAI BIA TUBE BIKINI - $96 each
13. Melissa Odabash – TANYA BUTTON-DOWN MANDARIN COLLAR KAFTAN in cornflower - £248
14. Ashiana Accessories – BIRD OF PARADISE NECKLACE – £84
15. Florabella – DIXIE WIDE BRIM RAFFIA SUNHAT - $175
16. Ashiana Accessories – CASCADE EARRINGS in turquoise - £40.50
Ashiana Recommends - Our top wanderlust destinations for September and our reasons why.
Over the past quarter of a century, the low-lying, sun-drenched island of Mykonos in the Aegean has been considered one of the most elegant island holiday destinations in Greece.
With its moderate climate, the Portuguese island of Madeira, off the coast of North-West Africa, has been a popular winter destination since the mid-19th century. The island boasts beautiful lush scenery, hilltop villages and canal-side walks.
September has the fewest rainy days of any month in Milan and on average the temperature is 24ºC. Plus it is the global capital of fashion and design.
In September the sea is warmer than ever and the skies are blue all day long. September sunsets paint the town gold, and the deep blues of the Caldera seem heightened in these days of late summer.
It's definitely still sunshine season in September in Barcelona - temperatures average around 25ºC in the daytime, a balmy 19ºC at night. Catalonia's national holiday is on 11th September, when the city closes for parades, concerts and celebrations, and the Fiestas de la Mercè is a week-long festival, the biggest of the year, with hundreds of musicians and carnivals, performances and gigs, planned and impromptu, all over the city.